At 10:32 AM 6/22/2001, Paul Ewing wrote:
>I love the idea of e-gold and have thought about putting an
>ounce or so into the system to play with, but haven't really
>decided how to do it.  I have looked at the different market
>makers out there and tried to figure out which one to use, but
>without success.  It doesn't help that one of the MM's I was
>considering was Heap-o-Shit!  Just about everyone has nice
>websites, but only G&SR has any real history to check out
>through standard channels, but they have the $1000 min.  I guess
>that is where the eCTA would come in handy after they have been
>around a while, but for now it is guesswork.  I don't have a
>problem sending a wire for 5 ounces of gold or 100 ounces of
>silver to a place like Hoover & Strong who have been in business
>for 85 years and have great trade references.  The question is
>how do you trust some website that may be just another fly by night scam?

You are correct, it is difficult to determine who is what, and
yes, the eCTA will help.

If you decide to use Standard Reserve, you can be sure that our
agents do comply with a set of standards, and do have to sign an
Agent's Agreement which defines the agent's methods of
operations.  And we do have a compliance officer (Liz Mylan)
who's job is to monitor the agents to be sure they comply.  And
we will (and have) terminate an agent who does not meet our standards.

George

>---
>You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

George Matyjewicz,  President/General Manager
Standard Transactions (BVI) Limited
World Wide Currency for the World
http://www.standardreserve.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]