Chris Lord-Van Voorst wrote:

> There are those of us on the e-gold list who don't even know who Charles
> Evans is.  No one has yet to explain why Evans deserves funding in his
> fight against e-gold.  If there's more to the story, I'd like to hear it.
> Until then, any pleas on Evans' behalf are meaningless, in my opinion...
>
> Chris Lord-Van Voorst

Chris,

People fear frivolous law suites now a days so you probably
won't get much history from this list.

However, this is a great example of the importance of reputation
capital. This list is almost 2 years old now. Both on and off list,
Charles and Ian have built impecable reputations. Doug has built a
reputation also. Reputations are built by what one says and doesn't
say. By what one does and doesn't do. On list and off. A single action
can ruin the value built of years of what you say and do. Charles and
Ian understand this and take their reputations dead seriously. I have
no doubt about those two. I'd put money up for Charles in a heart beat.
And I have.

And, as a shareholder in G&SR, I'm really, really dissapointed
in Doug and Barry, and think Doug's CEO butt should be fired. I
believe chairman of the board is the appropiate place for Doug's
butt.

I think these suits (according to a Bob Hettinga post to his list,
Ian was served again in Edinburgh, "They got Ian Grigg, too.") that
Doug has decided to pursue are going to turn out to be a substantial
negative for e-gold and the value of my shares. As Khurram Khan a
while back on this list pointed out, there is no mystery to starting
a private gold backed currency business. Time will tell.

Did you miss this post?

> [...]
>         [e-gold-list] Termination of services to DigiGold II
>   Date:
>         Wed, 20 Jun 2001 01:04:50 +0100
>   From:
>         "R. A. Hettinga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>     To:
>         Digital Bearer Settlement List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> --- begin forwarded text

> Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:41:04 -0400
> From: Bob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "e-gold Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [e-gold-list] Termination of services to DigiGold II
>
> > Subject:
> >             [Webfunds-users] Termination of services to DigiGold II (June
> >19th)
> >        Date:
> >             Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:21:58 -0400
> >        From:
> >             "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >          To:
> >             WebFunds Users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >

> > L.S.,
> >
> > On 21 May 2001 Ian Grigg announced that Systemics Inc. would
> > cease supporting DigiGold on the 25th of May 2001 due to
> > non-payment leading to termination of the contract between
> > both parties.
> >
> > In a subsequent email this shutdown date was pushed forward by
> > one week to give DigiGold users a bit more time to take action.
> >
> > Tuesday 29th of May an injunction was filed against Systemics
> > to prevent us from shutting down the DigiGold Issuance Server.
> > The matter was deferred until the 19th of June.
> >
> > This morning we went to court 9:00 (GMT-4). The judge heard
> > the case in private chambers so we do not have all the details.
> >
> > We know our counsel proposed that the injunction could be
> > sustained if DigiGold were to pay our operational costs. The
> > opposition apparently did not accept this offer.
> >
> > The net-effect is that the judge decided to discharge the
> > injunction and to award Systemics costs.
> >
> > We are still faced with an unfortunate situation: Systemics
> > has operated the DigiGold Issuance Server at it's own expense
> > for the past year. We can no longer afford to do so as this
> > negatively impacts our paying customers.
> >
> > We have therefore decided to take the DigiGold Issuance Server
> > offline. That will happen today (June 19th).
> >
> > For DigiGold users this means that it will no longer possible
> > to make payments in any of the four DigiGold metals.
> >
> > We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jeroen
> > --
> > Jeroen C. van Gelderen - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> --- end forwarded text
>

> --
> -----------------
> R. A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> The Internet Bearer Underwriting Corporation <http://www.ibuc.com/>
> 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
> "... however it may deserve respect for its usefulness and antiquity,
> [predicting the end of the world] has not been found agreeable to
> experience." -- Edward Gibbon, 'Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire'

Or this one:

> [...]
>
> You can drive e-gold into the ground but the world won't care.
> We already have GoldMoney and soon E-Bullion, and more to come.
>
> And, it is my opinion that you're not the first founder and
> CEO, however bright and knowledgable, that should be relieved
> of his CEO duties.
>
> Bob
>

> > I feel like a BOZO because *I* have never been sued by GSR !!!
> >
> > I'm so out of it.
>
> I know man. It's a bummer. But you have got to try to pull yourself
> out of it. It's not healthy being bummed out for too long. Come on,
> JP. Get a grip on it. Remember, you're not alone.
>
> Bob
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --- end forwarded text
>

> --- begin forwarded text

> From: "The Snipper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "e-gold Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [e-gold-list] Re: it never ends!!!
> Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:29:07 -0000
>
> Yes thats right
>
> Gold & Silver Reserve, a multi-million dollar company are Sueing a former
> employee whom they sacked without notice last year.
>
> The former employee, Charles Evans, who was a successful Director in the
> e-gold group prior to being booted out, was handed a civil complaint while
> attending a conference in Scotland a while ago.
>
> He was personally accused of Misappropriation of Trade
> Secrets, Tortious Interference with Prospective Economic
> Advantage, Unfair Business Practices, and Breach of the Duty
> of Loyalty.
>
> Mr Evans has categorically disputed these alledged claims and is now
> struggling to find the 10,000 dollars required to defend himself and his
> family against this heavy handed attack as a reward for the loyalty he
> displayed whilst working for e-gold.
>
> The Founders of e-gold have handed Mr Evan's Daughter, who will be 5 on July
> the 1st, a most remarkable birthday present.  The probable denial of her
> future education. Due to this unwarranted and heavy handed litigation by the
> two Lawyers who 'run' the e-gold conglomerate  and are safe hidden behind
> offshore companies.
>
> Some would say, a cowardly act.  But then again some would say...not
> suprising really.
>
> Perhaps someone should start up a Defence fund for Victims of e-gold,  with
> the Evans Family the first beneficiaries.  They are gonna need it!
>

> Sniper
>
> --- end forwarded text
>

> --
> -----------------
> R. A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> The Internet Bearer Underwriting Corporation <http://www.ibuc.com/>
> 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
> "... however it may deserve respect for its usefulness and antiquity,
> [predicting the end of the world] has not been found agreeable to
> experience." -- Edward Gibbon, 'Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire'

"Emotions are determined by values chosen." - Karen Horny

"Behaviour is determined by values derived from principles
 which emanate from philosophy." - Dale Harris

"Some of us carry our own stumbling block
around with us; we camouflage it with a hat."

"Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason."
-- Oscar Wilde

"I feel like we're inside a Civilization game and there's some
fucking idiot playing." --Michael T. McNamara

"Don't lose your head to gain a minute.
 You need your head; Your brains are in it."
 - Burma-Shave roadside advertisement

--
                 http://www.constructiongigs.com/

ConstructionGigs.com's PGP public key is here:
http://www.constructiongigs.com/assets/DH-DSSkey.txt
Fingerprint:
3C4D A63F 3C8B 2D7B 7E1A FFE8 9A2E 4D78 CAD6 66B7