I agree that $2.50 is too expensive, but I don't think this is a "copy" of
the eBay site. It is similar only to the extent that it is following
commonly used user interface elements or concepts. Just look at how many
search engine and directory sites look like Yahoo! (even having all the same
categories) or indeed, how your car has the exact same pedal configuration
(and plenty of other things) to a Mercedes, even if you own some other brand
of car, and Mercedes Benz made the first car. Also, how many companies use
Ford's assembly-line production method? I think it's just a matter of
industry best practice. Even if it may look a bit boring that so many
websites look the same, users respond better to an interface they have
already learned.

Regards,
Ian Green
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Managing Director
Alpha Omega Computers Pty Ltd   http://ao.com.au
aoShop.com, Inc.   http://aoShop.com

http://two-cents-worth.com/?107242

<SNIP>
> Also what does ebay say about copying their system?
<SNIP>