> (1) 100 players/bets instead of 1000.

  This is a good idea. Make a shorter game cycle, even with a lower
payout. On a 30 day cycle, you only need about 25 bets per week.

> (2) Instead of paying for the bet, you would have to visit some sponsor
> sites.

  This is NOT a good idea, the player's 'investment' is their surfing
time, and the average attention span of a surfer is less than 10 seconds.
Players would not be 'qualified' viewers and would ignore the site
content. Your advertisers would not get their money's worth and would
eventually withdraw their support.

>...If the 100 bets goal wasn't reached, the percentage corresponding to
the >prize would be donated to charity (To any charity accepting e-gold).

  A better idea (MUCH BETTER) is to roll the prize over to the next cycle.
The incentive to play would be increased.

> And finally: If there is the 1/100 possibility of winning some prize (For
> example, 40 AUG), how many of you would be willing to place a bet for
> free?

  See above, it isn't really 'free' if I have to view advertising.  I
would rather pay for a 'ticket' than spend time surfing through ads.

  I live in California, USA, which has lotteries.  The tickets sell for
$1.00, $2.00 or (I think) $5.00.  This is cheaper than 1 AUG and more
people are willing to pay this price.  You might get more players by
offering tickets for 0.100 AUG

Good Luck
Dave Brooks
BricksofGold Website & eZine

Did you know that the new e-gold Secure Random Keypad can
help you to protect your passphrase from both keystroke & mouse-
click "sniffing" trojan viruses? You can find out more about computer
security at: http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/home_networks.html