Thus spake the Wall Street Journal:

>Markets have a way of pushing policy makers toward improving policy, or
>punishing them for their lack of ability or desire to do so. Once again, we
>are approaching a time when markets may test the best in the U.S., Japan
>and Europe to find a way to finish the last great piece of business from
>the Great Inflation of the '70s -- the restoration of a stable, predictable
>and global monetary system.

Translation:  the restoration of stable, predictable financial control
over the countryside, and that comforting flow of interest, dividends
and rents to the printers of money in New York and Wash. DC

Did it ever occur to these people that the culture needs a rest? There
is a natural flow, a natural cycle.  If you push it, you get burned out.

WSJ longs for a continuous and artificially high rate of commotion
in spheres of life that are susceptible to high degrees of acquisition
and concentration, rather than commotion in other industries that
can't be easily consolidated and captured.

or, the elimination of various harbors where human society has
somehow found more rewarding things to do with their time than
commute on crowded freeways to punch clocks for PHBs.   The
elimination of habitats for good music, drink and friends to spend
time with,  instead of destroying the planet producing unnecessary
and useless possessions, fighting wars for the privilege of burning
more oil.  For no other purpose than to make money for Wall Street.

Alas we have handed over our freedom to macro-financial mechanisms.
There is no "Them".   We are doing this to ourselves.

Todd

   ..and the people bowed and prayed
     to the neon god they made..

Did you know that e-gold Ltd. stores more gold on behalf of customers
than many countries? See http://www.gold.org/Gra/Gra1.htm and the
e-gold Examiner at http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html for details.