Bob wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Bob wrote:

Lyris buster

> > Uh, definitely WRONG.  You can open an account with some brokers for
> > only a couple G's.  Presently Belly margin is around $2.5K, and that
> > is ALL you need.  No need to show/prove the ability to assume the
> > whole contract.
>
> I noticed you said "some". I wouldn't want to own shares in those
> "some" brokerages. I wonder how long they are going to be in business.

I guess I should have said MOST.  Including ALL of the big names
in the business.  I have been doing this for 20+ years.

Lind-Waldock, for example.

> > > So are you saying that when the bacon futures contract settles,
> > > it's life ends, the underlying security (the bacon) went pueff?
> > > Disappeared into thin air? Or the contracts went pueff? Disappeared
> > > into thin air? But the bacon was still there?

> > No.  When the contract expires, all hell is to pay.  You better be out
> > by then, else Guido the Collector will be there with the truck load
> > of bacon and his hand out for the money.
>
> I don't think you understand the questions.

I don't think you understand the answers.

> But, as mentioned before,
> > you don't have to prove that you can/will pay for the whole contract
> > at the time of purchase/sale.  Usually, the broker will make sure
> > that you are out well before First Notice Day.
> >
> > Hans.

Did you know that e-gold Ltd. stores more gold on behalf of customers
than many countries? See http://www.gold.org/Gra/Gra1.htm and the
e-gold Examiner at http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html for details.