At 06:13 AM 9/10/2001 +1000, David Hillary wrote:
>Gold stocks are like any other inventory, something which can be increased
>by investment (surplus of production over consumption). The supply curve for
>gold is upward sloping, like most supply curves, and thus an increased
>demand for gold inventories would increase the price of gold. The increase
>in price would reduce gold consumption and inventories of gold would rise.

I heard a statement at a conference last week that Christ's robes cost 30
grams of gold, or the equivalent value in today's dollars of approx
$262.  Which is close to the same price one might pay for a suit of clothes
today.  Therefore, in 2,000 years gold has been stable.

Of course, I would like to know where the 30 grams of gold statement came
from, as I can't find it on Google.

George

______________________________________
George Matyjewicz,  President/General Manager
Standard Transactions (BVI) Limited
http://www.standardtransactions.com
http://www.standardreserve.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Standard Transactions Agent Xchange
http://128.121.218.67/stax/

Did you know that e-gold Ltd. stores more gold on behalf of customers
than many countries? See http://www.gold.org/Gra/Gra1.htm and the
e-gold Examiner at http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html for details.