| I heard a statement at a conference last week that Christ's robes cost 30
| grams of gold, or the equivalent value in today's dollars of approx
| $262.  Which is close to the same price one might pay for a suit of clothes
| today.  Therefore, in 2,000 years gold has been stable.

Roman legionaires were payed 1 aureus per month - about 7 grams of gold. Seems
like an expensive suit, though not impossible.

Did you know that e-gold Ltd. stores more gold on behalf of customers
than many countries? See http://www.gold.org/Gra/Gra1.htm and the
e-gold Examiner at http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html for details.