At 10:59 PM 11/24/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> From the Hettinga-lists. I disagree with some of the author's conclusions,
>since he apparently hasn't noticed that e-gold exists, but it's an interesting
>read anyway.
>JMR

How is e-gold useful?  Transaction fees are orders of magnitude larger than
the transaction amount.

Centralized online clearance per transaction is too expensive to bootstrap
micro payments.  Only offline, batch online or subscription (including a
single payment for up to X page view) transactions are practical.

We'll probably see pay per page online when we see pay per page offline and
fractional stock share trading from leading brokerage companies.

Bob and others (including myself have run the numbers).  This is wrong
place to bootstrap ecash.  See

steve

http://www.e-gold.com/stats.html lets you observe the e-gold system's activity now!