<snip>
> CONCLUSION:
> To really do something about untraceability you need to be untraceable.
> Draw this graph I outlined. Think about where the markets are for tools
> for privacy and untraceability. Realize that many of the "far out' sweet
> spot applications are not necessarily immoral: think of freedom fighters

For sweetspot applications that are considered immoral in *any* place in
the world then you get at least a potential problem for those that
promote/encourage/use depending on the reach and proportional power of
those offended

> in communist-controlled regimes, think of distribution of birth control
> information in Islamic countries, think of Jews hiding their assets in
> Swiss bank accounts, think of revolutionaries overthrowing bad
> governments, think of people avoiding unfair or confiscatory taxes,
> think of people selling their expertise when some guild says they are
> forbidden to.

I can think of evil 'guilds' that should be defied yet how do you protect
against them when they have increadibly large power?  It is these very
large 'guilds' that object, they notice even if the ones you are truely
against are smaller and powerless.

> Most of all, think about why so many efforts to sort of deploy digital
> cash or untraceability tools have essentially failed due to a failure of
> nerve, a failure to go for the brass ring.
>
> steve

Traffic analysis is the bamboo spike in the bottom of the financial crypto
pit, find a way to avoid the spike, win the prize.

Remember you might only want to beat the small bad guys, but you must also
be able to beat the biggest because they wont be on your side.

    cya,   Andrew...

http://www.e-gold.com/stats.html lets you observe the e-gold system's activity now!