TO: e-gold List Subscribers
FR: eCurrencyCrawler

RE: INDEX UPDATES and INFORMATIONAL

Complete database re-indexing has been performed today. What started at 349 individual
eCurrency websites has dropped to 319 since last indexing 15 days ago.

In our continued effort to support the eCurrency community as best we can, we're
opening the flood gates, puttin'the pedal to the floor, droppin'the hammer, opening up
this bad boy... in a manner of speaking. Seeing as most of the "kinks" have been
worked out of eCurrencyCrawler, it's time to compete with the big boys for our stand
as the only real search engine supporting eCurrency and associated websites accepting
those eCurrencies. This "hammer down" will happen after the start of the new year.
Making this change will take extensive work that time just will not permit right now
due to the holiday requirements of 3 children expecting their daddy to go Christmas
shopping. =:]

Brush up on those meta tags, for when eCurrencyCrawler begins re-indexing sites
submitted, everything public will be indexed. I strongly recommend destinctive title
tags for individual pages... unless of course you don't mind every page from your site
being titled exactly the same. Webmasters can review some basic information regarding
tags and robot exclusions at:

http://www.americonn.com/ecurrency_crawler/tag_tutorial_1.htm
http://www.americonn.com/ecurrency_crawler/tag_tutorial_2.htm
http://www.americonn.com/ecurrency_crawler/robot_restrictions.htm

It's easy to get lost in the major open database engines. This is why we're online. We
support eCurrency and eCurrency only. For example, if I were to perform a search at
Google for the term jewelry, how many results do you think I would be presented with?
Well, let's see... (doing the search) ...results are 6,380,000. Which sites accept
eCurrency? Too much trouble! Now, try searching for the same term at eCurrencyCrawler,
9 results are presented... and of those 9, you have definitely found what you're
looking for, AND, you can rest assured that the sites you have found accept eCurrency
for their products.

Don't misunderstand me, Google is a fantastic engine. Searching for SPECIFIC sites can
be a pain in the ars though. When searching for eCurrency resources, there is now only
one place that needs to be utilized, that place is eCurrencyCrawler. We're free to use
and there are no obligations... unlike many sites that pretty much direct you to
subscribe to their eZine or join their list in order to use their site. This is fine
and dandy, with one exception, these sites are not streamlined for quick results... WE
ARE... enter search term, click and done!

We're breaking the 500+ unique visitors/return visitors per day and have long crossed
over 500,000 hits to date since Jan. 1, 2001. I know, hits don't really mean a whole
heck of a lot seeing as any call to the server will result in a hit.. yep, that's
right, even a 1 pixel by 1 pixel spacer.gif will result in a hit. Never, and I mean,
NEVER go by a hit counter to judge popularity in a website. Unique visitors and
pageviews are what matters. I'm getting side-tracked again... don't ya just hate it
when that happens?

Make things easy on yourself when searching for eCurrency resources, search
eCurrencyCrawler.

...and remember, never pay for what you can get for free. With all due respect, don't
fall victim to any of these sites that state that they have hundreds of resources for
you for a price... most of these sites are pure junk and their resource listings are
half full of dead links (I'm sure I'll "get it" for that one). If it's eCurrency,
eCurrencyCrawler has indexed it and you can find it for free!

Thank you for taking the time to review this information, if I stepped on anyone's
toes I am sorry... my intent is truth and honesty... not slick willy tactics to get
yer money. Those sites just "erk" me beyond belief.

Have a great day and a fabulous holiday season everyone, it's 1:34pm PST and I'm
headin'home.

Respectfully,

RJ LeVeque - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
LVTN - eCurrencyCrawler
http://www.americonn.com

p.s. Dang I'm in a rippin'good mood today.

http://www.e-gold.com/stats.html lets you observe the e-gold system's activity now!