--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This has been an interesting thread, do any of the
> DGCs store gold in Switzerland?
>
> don

E-gold is claiming to store in Switzerland.
This has been an unsolved mystery to me in the past.
According to Examiner on the e-gold website, they have
four bars stored in Zurich, Switzerland, except that I
have been unable to find the name of the custodian or
bank or vaults, the agreement e-gold has with them or
any other reference to that storage arrangement on
e-gold's website.

http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html

It appears, that there is no agreement, because
otherwise, it would be handled, just like the
agreements with the other Repositories in:

JP Morgan Chase, London
http://www.e-gold.com/contracts/egold-jpmorganchase.htm

Transguard, Dubai
http://www.e-gold.com/contracts/egold-transguard.htm

My question has always been: How do I know whether the
bars are really there or not? The number has not
changed in many month. Has anybody else found
references to the Zurich bars?
 No representative of e-gold has ever bothered to
explain that mystery, even after several attempts to
find out, here on this list.
 I think it is poor form and very unprofessional to
ignore a vital issue like this one. How can the e-gold
customers be sure that the gold is protected by the
same means in terms of dual signatories and escrow
arrangements?

It also concerns me that there is no mention of any of
the Repositories in the escrow agreement.

http://www.e-gold.com/contracts/egold-bbsc.3.htm

Makes you wonder if some of the unethical behavior of
G&SR shareholders is rubbing off onto the e-gold
family...

Dagny