You are correct that will work, unless IMHO, the spoof site acts as a
proxy between the user with the crytpo card and the real site to be
hacked. This problem might be overcome for the short term by displaying
the number entered into the crypto card graphically like e-gold does
with the turing number. I havent any experience programming with the cryptocard. I
have encountered the faults with the RSA fob product.

Your mileage may vary,
don