Dear Dagny,

Yes.  I do think that Mr. Jim Ray or Mr. Doug Jackson or
someone else at e-gold or Omnipay ought to take a minute
or two to explain things a bit better.  Maybe Jay Wherley
could then put the explanation on a page on the e-gold
site.

We have a page at e-gold that says that there is a bank
in Ontario which has 116 bars of gold and a bunch of other
metal.  Is the storage in Ontario covered by the JP Morgan
Chase contract?  (Is it in London, Ontario?)

Perhaps the storage in Zurich is also covered by the JP
Morgan Chase contract?

What of the storage listed on the examiner as "London"?
Is any gold actually stored in London?  And is that
London, Ontario, Canada, or London, England, UK?

These are pretty simple questions.  Answering them would
take almost no time at all.

However, none of these answers would do a thing for me
in terms of my basic concern that JP Morgan Chase is a
disreputable entity in my view.  The history of John
Pierpont Morgan, his descendants, and of the banking concern
at Chase bank, conveys to me a huge amount of information
about abuse of power, political corruption, and a dedication
to the control of other people's money.  Working with JP
Morgan Chase seems like a really bad business decision,
to me.

As James Turk has pointed out, the big New York banks
exert what seems to me to be unwarranted influence over
the Federal Reserve System.  I don't think they can be
trusted.  They appear to be deeply and irrevocably involved
in the suppression of the gold price through what appears
to me to amount to a swindle: the selling of gold that they
don't even own.

But, I will also admit that I don't particularly care for
the "secure storage" in Dubai, the secure storage agreement
GoldMoney has with a private party in London, or the secure
storage agreement that 3PGold has with a private party in
Idaho.  Here's why: I don't trust the governments of any of
these three places.

For example, Idaho is in the USA.   In 1933, the USA feral
gummint nationalized all privately held gold.  That situation
pertained until 1971.  I happen to know a guy who smuggled
gold into Seattle from Vancouver in the late 1960s, so the
law doesn't necessarily impede the market.  It does, however,
suggest that in a future banking crisis (which GATA.org
and James Turk and the other fine folx at Le Metropole have
pointed out cannot be far off), gold known to be in storage
in London, England, in London, Ontario, in Dubai, or in
Idaho might be nationalized, or seized for the benefit of
those who control the state.

It is, to me, a somewhat smaller worry that the gold stored
in Idaho by 3PGold might be seized by the USA fedgov than
the worry that JP Morgan Chase might be run by liars who
would lease or borrow the gold they are storing for other
parties, like e-gold, Ltd., perhaps without telling them.
But only somewhat smaller.

Not long ago, a brilliant software developer suggested that
he was contemplating his own DGC.  Where will he choose to
store his gold?   I have a bunch of pretty clever ideas.

I, for one, Dagny, appreciate the thoughtfulness of your
message.  If nobody at e-gold ever seems to bother to
reply, well, that may be the best sign that your criticism
has hit home.

Regards,

Jim
 http://www.two-cents-worth.com/?101468&EG