Ah -- you've hit on the secret, unspoken reality of DGCs, Snow!

Seniorage.

Spend fees and so on are just a front.  In the long run, all DGCs
will end up owning all bits and pieces of gold that are left hanging.

That's where the money is!

Best not to talk about this anymore! :)

>How about this? If an account remains unused for a period of one year, and
>contains less than 1/10th of a gram of e-gold, (and a similar limit for
>other e-metals), then the account is automatically closed, made
>inaccessible, and removed from any statistic -- though the actual account
>information should remain available to management for potential legal
>reasons.
>
>Craig

As Ian says ..

At 1:12 AM +1100 3/14/02, Ian Green wrote:
>Hi Jim,
>
>As we can see, the difference between the effort and expense
>required to delete a never used account, possibly even one created
>in error, and the small effort and negligible cost of creating it
>guarantees that the number of dormant accounts will increase forever.

Coincidence, isn't it! :)