> e-gold doesn't have to do anything when you buy gold.  Because
> you
> are buying it from an exchange provider or somebody else who
> already
> has e-gold.  All e-gold does is subtract gold from one persons
> account,
> say $15 dollars worth, and adds it to the other persons
> account.
> Simple right?

So e-gold buys 400oz bars of gold in advance of demand.  Is that
right?  How much is a 400oz bar, btw?

What if e-gold sells all of their gold bars to users, and needs
to buy, ahead of demand, another gold bar, and once they do,
demand drops.  What if e-gold now has only 1 gram of a 400 oz
bar sold to the general public and no one is buying any more?

Does the 400oz bar (with one gram of it sold) just sit there
forever, useless?

See, I would have thought that they wait until they accumulate
enough money to buy a 400oz bar, and only then buy it.  It makes
a big difference in terms of time value of money and opportunity
costs.  That was really the gist of my question.

Regards,

Ragnar