> GoldMoney and e-gold maintain this ratio at exactly 1 digital gram / 1
> physical gram.  The old US gold standard maintained this ratio at exactly
1
> dollar / 23.22 physical grains.

A gold standard, and fractional reserve banking are two different things.
The US has always had fractional reserve banking. I can't imagine that any
future gold standard would restrict banks from loaning out money. If banks
loan money, there's going to be fractional reserve banking, because the
people who borrow the money will put it in a bank and increase the reserves
in the second bank, though the money also exists in the accounts in the
first bank.

Craig