> Let's say I want to start a company that lends out actual e-gold grams on
> fractional reserve basis.  I take in e-gold deposits, and I then I lend
out
> ten times as much e-gold as I have on deposit.
>
> I can't really do this, can I?

That's not fractional reserve banking, (nor any kind of banking that I've
ever heard). In fractional reserve banking, you take in deposits, and then
loan-out 90% of those deposits, (say). The borrowers deposit the money in a
bank, (either same bank, or another bank), allowing THAT bank to loan-out
90% of the redeposited money, etcetera... Pretty soon, you have numerous
multiples of actual deposited money, held in various accounts.

Craig