hi craig,
possibly some ideas below:

> 1) Using 6.0.2800.1106, Cipher Strength 56-bit, Update Versions SP1;
> Q324929:

that 56-bit cipher is a little weak - can you update to full 128-bit?
[shouldn't cause any problem, but why not go full power...]. i just
tried using IE exact same version number (but 128-bit) and worked fine.

> Using this version, the SRK refuses to come up and hangs the browser,
> requiring me to kill it.

the SRK is pretty much all client side javascript - suggests some kind
of browser issue. you can also just try pulling up the srk using the
e-gold URL followed by /srk.asp (of course there will be no window it can
insert characters into, but you should at least be able to open it in
your browser - you can try it both http and https to see if that helps
you diagnose issue).

> 2) Using Netscape 7.01, everything appears to work, but the SRK box is too
> small to accommodate all the numbers and letters, and it can't be stretched.
> So, it's effectively useless if I have to select a letter or a number on the
> right side, beyond the edge.

does netscape support the same text size shortcut commands as mozilla? you
might be able to Ctrl- (that's Control key with minus key) to shrink text
and
see all keypads. i'll see if we can get that default size in netscape to
appear more useable. btw, mozilla does let you resize that window.

> Anyone else? I use the SRK religiously. I think it's an ingenious tool. I
> would hate to see it go. The login works fine when keyed.

in theory, nothing changed even remotely related to the e-gold SRK. i
would
be interested in hearing any other reports of SRK problems.

jay w.