> I mean, in all honesty, I don't know the background
> > of the story,
>
> Then why don't you just shut up?

Because you brought it out in the open, sold your opinion as truth, made
wild allegations and will need to accept that some of us actualy comment
on other people's comments.

> Yeah, just trust the wealthy. Poor people are all scammers and thieves.
> Where did I hear that before?

I'm not sure where you mght have heard it before. Also you are implying
things I didn't say. Answer me this: What is the probability that other
rich people wishing to buy e-gold will do so from someone that appears to
be poor?
Therefore, it might be more beneficial for operators like Jim to deal with
more establishged individuals. I am not judging anyone for being poor, but
based on personal experience, poor people often can don't deliver as well
as better-to-do ones, especially in what is essentially a financial
service.

> You guys are just lucky. Someday you'll grow up and learn that you're not
> better people for having more money.

I don't know about the others, but luck had little to do with it in my
case. I took risks, fell twice and fell hard. Nobody really served me much
on a silver platter. Although there are always some unfair advantages and
I can't really evaluate your personal situation as I neither know who you
in fact are, nor your upbringing, education, experiences, etc.

> > Sure, we scale our franchise fees to the market and country applicants are
> > bidding for and it can be as low as a few hundred dollars.
>
> If I had a "few hundred dollars" to spend as you say, I wouldn't become
> the affiliate of anyone. I would form my own company. At least a small
> one.

And that is exactly where your thinking is wrong. How can you believe that
the database and engine of a siet like cambist.com could be bought for a
few hundres dollars? No matter how small your company would be, it would
still cost you substantially more to go on your own instead of using an
established infrastructure.

> ...I made the webpages of ar.cambist.net . I just needed the capital to start
>working and it was denied.

I was referring to the programming and infrastructure of the whole cambist
set-up. This has cost hours and money to get to where it is.

--- the main reason why I responded to your post, or in fact Jim's was
because I thought it unfair that you'd disclose personal dealings between
Gold Barter Holdings and yourself on a public list. Moreover I wanted to
point out that in fact you had been offered a pretty darn good deal.
Indeed I was honestly surprised that Jim had actually discussed making
funds available to an affilate.
While it does happen that we don't charge any fees from franchisees, even
register domains, build their sites and host them for free, etc., to date
we never even thought about subsidizing their set-ups. But then, maybe
that is the reason why we have quite a number of clients from Argentinia
but no franchisee on location...

Again, I don't mean to judge poor people, but I also can't understand why
poor people assume that they have to receive special treatment? I fact we
were involved in some micro loan programmes in some of the poorest regions
on the planet and help micro businesses on their feet. In our experience
poor people always go the extra mile and consider debt payment a question
of honour.

Your mistake in my humble opinion is not being poor, but using it as an
excuse to publicly bash someone you've been working with. None of us here
has the full details about your dealings with Gold Barter Holdings, so how
could we know what really happened?

It's not about wealth, it's about form and style of behaviour.

If you achieve wealth, you'll see that money doesn't change one's style
and being poor doesn't garantee honesty or integrity.

'Nuff said.
Good luck.
R.S.Z.