At 12:02 PM -0400 6/5/03, Cambist.net wrote:
>Jim,
>

>Are there any efforts to promote e-gold in Japan, and are their any
>full-service exchange providers there? I think that given it's culture,

There are a few, but they seem to find eachother in mysterious ways!
I'm not aware if any are on this list, but they may be!

>e-gold would be more likely to catch on in Japan than in any other country.
>The economic situation might help...

Well, the Japanese like gold (especially physical gold) lately, but not
all that many of them can read English. I'm not sure when there will
be a page in Japanese or other languages, but it's a good idea IMO.

Problems may include both customer-service and legal expectations
not encountered with an English-only site. Right now, if you called in
Japanese, I don't think anyone could understand you. OTOH, all of
Asia is a great market, IMO.
JMR