Ian,

: We have just received notification from PayPal that the person
claiming to
: be Stephen Stowell has attempted to open a PayPal account using our
: [EMAIL PROTECTED] address.

This may be so, but as I have repeatedly told you, Stephen Stowell
has NOTHING to do with this. I could just as easily attempt to go and
open a paypal account and give my name as "Ian from Privagold"...

: I have just hung up the phone with PayPal Fraud Dept. they have
informed me
: that this person may be trying to utilize a 3rd party email service
to gain
: access to this account.

Of course, this is obvious, I constantly get notifications that
someone is trying to transfer my domain names, open accounts etc... I
simply ignore them.

: We do not have a PayPal account nor will we ever.
: Sidd - You had mentioned that you thought this might be an unhappy
client of
: yours and if so I think now would be a great time to share this
information.

This is not an unhappy client of ours, I already told you what it
is... it is a thief who tried to steal money from a bank account in
Australia and buy e-gold from us... we contacted the bank and
returned the $15000 to it's rightful owner... this thief is now
angry. The police have all the details and we are giving them all the
info we can get, but of course these thieves hide behind public proxy
IPs and similar tricks, so it is very difficult to find them,
especially for the largely incompetent police.

: At this point the only names I have is Stephen Stowell and that
person works
: for you so any "new" light you can shed would be great.

Once again, Stephen Stowell has NOTHING to do with this, in fact he
does not even know about this! The thief has taken his name from the
domain records and is using it.

: In addition this person has cancelled a payment the payment that
they tried
: to send us via your systems at metal-escrow and it seems to me that
you
: should be able to access this information and let us all know who
this
: person is.

My goodness Ian, you are naive, and you seem unable to read very
well! The Payment that was cancelled was a PAYPAL PAYMENT! It has
NOTHING to do with me or my systems, I also got that cancellation.
ALL metal-escrow exchange services are non-repudiable obviously,
because we only implement the automation interfaces of non repudiable
currencies, so they CAN'T BE CANCELLED.

I can access all the information about any exchange made through
metal-escrow... but you already have the info of this person. His
name is unknown, he uses Stephen Stowell's name in place of his own,
he uses the e-mail address of [EMAIL PROTECTED] (we have
sent them an e-mail requesting they close that account) and the IP
address he used for the exchange was 198.104.131.196. He made the
exchange from e-gold account 311166 to your Pecunix account
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and the payment has NOT been reversed, you
still have it.

So now you have all the info, please tell us who this person is. It
seems like you may know this person, because they are obviously
intent on involving you in this, and why would they send you a real
gold payment? Tell us what you know please.

Sidd.
PGP Key: http://metal-escrow.com/pgp_key.cfm