At 8:31 PM +0300 7/10/03, Danny Van den Berghe wrote:
>> If the only revenue of holding TGC shares would be the 7.2% dividend and
>> possible but not necessarily probable increase in share price, then I
>> would consider a bad investment simply because the returns are too low.
>> Even if full disclosure was given, 7.2% per annum is not exactly breath
>> taking.

Well, these days, looking at things like US banks, it's not all that bad...

>And if no solution is found for the problem you have posed, it is going to
>be fun if other 'websites' also issue shares according to the example TGC is
>setting.

Well, let's take a look at TGC's example...They've been around since
Feb. 2000 (I'll admit, I knew in late 1999 they were coming!). They've
given away ten+ thousand dollars worth of fun stuff (see their news-
room page, and then hit "more stories" at the bottom). They have a
large player base (most of their players are NOT getting this list!) and
they have a reputation because it's July 2003. Could they be like the
eBay crook who had a good reputation but then took off? Sure! But
as I've said before, I think DBourse is about making a point, and not
just about making a profit, so I'd be surprised if they ran off...

If they ARE crooks, they're very good, very-subtle crooks. Most of
the crooks 'round these parts, for example, don't give away tens of
thousands of bucks worth of stuff/gold-comps and spend years to
make a scam that seems believable to people like JP May -- crooks
are not that patient!
JMR