> >Redemption should mean
>
> I think that "should" says it all! In the case of E-gold "redemption =
> exchange" because the value is the same in both cases (of course, I have
no
> proof that the gold really covers 100% of the egold).

I don't agree with this. Redemption is the process of removing gold from the
e-gold system. Anything else is a third-party exchange.

The redemption process is essential to the function of a system like e-gold.
Without the ability to remove gold from the system, all confidence in the
system would be lost, and no exchanges would be possible.

Sincerely,

Craig (SnowDog)