On 30 Aug 2003, at 15:35, Danny Van den Berghe wrote:

> The peak of civilisation has always tended to move in Westward
> direction. From Babylon and Egypt it went to Greece. From ancient
> Greece it went to Rome... From Europe it moved to the USA. Now it
> will move on to Asia.

Civilization is rooted in intellectual, cultural and moral
achievment; material conditions are secondary consequences not
primary idicia.  I do not see these root qualities flourishing in new
places as they did in the past cases you list; on the contrary I see
them dieing out.  It seems more likely to me that we are on the
threshold of a world-wide dark age.

Best,

CCS

-     Virtual Phonecards - Instant Pin by Email      -
-           Large Selection - Great Rates            -
-  http://speedypin.com/phonecard/start.html?af=743  -