> However most companies, like E-trade, Charles Schwab, etc
> only allow US residents, or US citizens to open an account.

I'd be very surprised if that were true.

You may need to get a US federal Tax Identification Number (TIN)
to open US bank and brokerage accounts. You can apply for one as
a non-resident foreigner, stating it is for "banking purposes", and you
will not necessarily incur any reporting obligation nor tax liability.

If you still have trouble, acquiring a U.S. courier address and a U.S.
telephone number (see JFax or Vonage) will allow you to do just about
anything that is superficially restricted to residents.

    Adam