Dear Frank,

You want to use INTGold, go nuts.

I like to use opportunities such as this one to point out that the archive for this list (which can be found by visiting this link: http://talk.e-gold.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?visit=e-gold-list and is a fully searchable archive) contains many posts by GK in which he expressed his desire to use OSGold.

In my view, to use the vernacular, he was nuts for OSGold.
Even in, say, May 2002 when OSGold was showing signs of
its impending collapse, GK was right in there promoting
it as an excellent currency, judging by what I've read.

OSGold was an utter failure as a currency.  Its use of the
word "gold" in its name was clearly fraudulent.  It had no
gold.  There was no provision for redeeming OSGold into
actual gold.  By some accounts, tens of thousands of users
got burned, and burned badly.  By GK's own account, he got
burned.

Yet, he remains committed to INTGold, it seems.

The similarities:

  OSGold had no gold in inventory, yet promised it was
  150% backed by gold; INTGold has not proven that it has
  gold in inventory to my satisfaction, has no method
  for redeeming INTGold for actual gold, and has some
  amazing disparities in its price of gold valuation, last
  I looked.

  OSGold was a vehicle for promoting OSOpps which used
  OSGold in a Ponzi scheme.  Ponzi schemes are fraud.
  Fraud, for those of you looking for value judgements
  in a world fraught with moral relativism, is bad.
  INTGold has a merchant directory in which several
  apparent Ponzi schemes are promoted; these Ponzi
  schemes appear to use INTGold as a currency.

  Both OSGold and INTGold appear to be using the word
  "gold" in their name to play on the thousands of
  years of high reputation of gold as money.

I think it is possible to exchange INTGold without being
a terrible person.  I have, for example, nothing against
either AnyGoldNow.com or GoldAge.net, both of whom are
exchangers of high reputation with me.  I do think both
have had a lapse of judgement in agreeing to exchange
INTGold.

In the case of GK, I think the lapse of judgement is one
that goes back a good long ways.  Whatever it was that
convinced GK that OSGold was a good thing doesn't seem
to have been changed in the least by the fact that OSGold
went under.  I've seen no indication of regret nor any
act of contrition.  For this reason, and for others, I do
not trust GK.  He might be a fine fellow, but I don't
choose to do business with him.

Regards,

Jim

--- You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.