> > ... you were saying?
>
> I have strongly held views, I am passionate about the things
> in which I believe, I don't suffer fools gladly, and my
> words are not violence.  Sticks and stones break bones.
> Words are not force.

Jim, whenever somebody does not agree with your views, you start attacking
the person.
You have called me a thug, suggested I should be hung from a lamppost, and
now you come up saying that I am a scammer.
Your messages often have an insulting tone.
Other people have received similar treatment.
At the same time you wonder why Robert is "using violent metaphors for your
writing"..
Double standards , anyone?
If words are not violence, then what are you complaining about?

It is ok to have strongly held views and voice them. Give it your best, I am
doing the same.
Shoot at the arguments on the table as best you can.
But don't shoot at the person who brings his views.
Maybe that's the way in Texas, but here you are on an international list.
You don't convince anyone with personal attacks and insulting language.
On the contrary, somebody who attacks the person is basically admitting that
his arguments alone are not sufficient to make his case.
At least , that's how things are understood in my part of the globe.

I have perhaps done more criticising than anyone else here, especially in
the TGC case.
But I am not attacking any person.
Of course, when somebody starts attacking me, I reserve the right to return
the favors.

> I dislike
> Danny's specific implementation because he offers no
> design element for redeeming e-land for actual land, which
> is just like the John Law Banque Royale money fiasco and
> just like the National Assembly assignat fiasco.  When
> people seem determined to repeat mistakes, those of us
> who remember history should speak up.

History is not a good yardstick.
An idea may have failed in the past, it doesn't prove the idea is bad.
An idea may have succeeded in the past, it doesn't prove the idea is (still)
good.

If I am determined to repeat mistakes from the past, that is my business.
Those who are willing to participate in the new implementation, it is their
business.
You can voice your concerns and your objections, that's ok.
Criticising the people who try to do better than the fiasco's in the past,
that's not ok.

> >  Just because in some line of business there were / are
> > scammers, it doesn't mean everybody in that business is a
> > scammer.
>
> Very true.  I believe I've elsewhere made the comment, to
> Robert Z for example, that responsibility is individual.
> Each individual is responsible for his own actions.

Then practice what you preach.
If somebody sets up e-land, it is his business.
If some people agree to use it, it is their business.

> > However, I would not use anything else than gold as the
> > digital currency backing asset for a very simple reason:
> > risk.
>
> I think silver and platinum carry similar levels of risk.

Even gold carries risk. There is no such thing as a risk free investment.
The investor weighs risk/reward to decide his choices.

> > Unlike gold investment, land investment comes with a
> > higher risk.
>
> Indeed, and it lacks many of the features of gold.

Land investment comes with greater reward too, since it is a productive
asset.
Whether the features lacking in land make up for the return on your
investment, that's something everyone can decide for himself.

> > I see land, e-land as a high risk investment program, with no
> > bad connotation, it's just an investment with a higher risk
> > than gold investment, or savings accounts. Using land, eland,
> > gold, egold as currency, means investing in these assets.
>
> It also means understanding the way the investment vehicle
> is designed.  Some designs are better than others.

Fine, but as far as I have seen you have not been nearly that critical on
the design of TGC shares.
You can point to scammers like John Law, but had he set up shop with the
same design as TGC you wouldn't even know his name...

Danny