Hi John,

Ronciak, John wrote:
> For the 2.6.27 kernel you should be only using the e1000e driver.  This is
> the driver needed going forward that will support the 82573 devices.

Tried (as written before) and it failed in the same manner.

> Have you been using jumbo frames in your previous installations?  Seems like
> eth1 is still being set up for jumbo frames.  Do you have any
> /etc/modprobe.conf configurations or startup scripts that are setting network
> settings?  If you swap the NICs in there slots, does the problem move with
> the original eth1 NIC?

Yes, we started with 2.6.23 and migrated over to 2.6.25 later in 2008
(always using the e1000 driver). The data network (eth1) always used
MTUs of 9000 and these are solely configured via the DHCP server. Apart
from that, no modprobe, modutils.d setting for jumbo frames.

Next thing I do is I could
o set the MTU to 1500
o power the system down
o reboot into the new kernel with e1000e
o see what happens

Anything else I should/could try?

Cheers

Carsten