Dear experts,

I'm using e1000e-0.5.8.13 *Non-NAPI* on kernel 2.6.10 with 82573L.
I found the receiving data was occasionally corrupted just after I
changed the mtu or the speed and duplex setting.

Then I inserted some printk codes to investigate and found that
e1000_intr() was infrequently called sometime in between the beginning of
e1000e_down() and the end of e1000e_up() despite the irq was disabled.

In such case, the register ICR.INT_ASSERTED was not set and
ICR.RX_DESC_FIFO_Par0 was set. (ex. icr=0x00100000h)

I want to know the reason why the interrupt handler was called
nevertheless interrupt disabled, and also the reason why
RX_DESC_FIFO_Par0 was set.
And hopefully, please let me know if there are any workarounds.

Best regards,
Hizume