> > >But the host can't send packets to the guests (or these packets are
> > >never
> > >received on the guests). When using tcpdump, I can see these packets
> > >leaving
> > >the device on the host, but they never arrive on the guest.

> This evening I will upgrade the vm to 2.6.34 too. But aside from that I
> don't know what else to try.

host and vm are on 2.6.34 now. But it didn't change anything, the problem
still persists.

Don't know if this helps:
I took a look at the rx-interrupts for the virtual function on the vm. The
number of interrupts increases by one every two seconds (estimated). The
number of rx-interrupts is not in any way dependant on the number of packets
sent from the host, even when sending a hundret packets the interrupts
increase only every two seconds.

Kind regards,

Gerd