Sorry for cross-posting this to all the lute and guitar sites, but you can't
all be on every news group...?

I've created a new website for Monica Hall, Gordon Ferries and myself. Other
pages will be added later. Here are few 'highlights':

Monica Hall - very useful excerpts from historical citations on how to
string a baroque guitar (to bourdon, or not to bourdon), with original texts
and translations into English along with Monica's commentary.

Gordon Ferries - booklet notes from his CDs of Spanish and French baroque
guitar music, essay on Sanz, MP3 files of full tracks from his CDs. His
essay on Shakespeare and music will follow in a couple of weeks.

Rob MacKillop - Vihuela page [includes MP3 files of recordings not available
on CD (four of Fuenllana's exquisite Tientos, and a hopefully interesting
insight into the rhythmical structure behind Narvaez's 'Guardame las
vacas'), and free scores in French tab]; Contemporary Scottish lute music
(MP3 files from premiere concert - baroque lute and oud); free complete
editions of 'guittar' music by James Oswald and Robert Bremner; Essays on
19th-century guitar performance practice, especially improvisation); and the
connection between Roslyn Chapel (for all those fans of Dan Brown's 'The Da
Vinci Code') and the lute.

Where is it? www.musicintime.co.uk

You will need Adobe Reader (or similar) for some of the essays in PDF.

For those of you who email me privately, please note my new address:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I created the site for people who have something to say but don't know how
to make a website. If anyone else is interested, feel free to contact me. I
want to limit it to half a dozen people, so there is only room for another
three.

Cheers,
Rob macKillop