I can't remember if I signed up to this list or not. Is it just sleeping?
Have we exhausted the topic?

Here's a question. I'm interested in the influence of baroque guitar
techniques on early classical guitar. Sor mentions the use of placing the
right hand little finger on the soundboard when his thumb moves over to the
treble strings (presumably when playing thumb/index passages). Moretti
avoids the third finger (like Sor) which makes me feel he too has his little
finger on the soundboard. And there is a drawing of Regondi (hardly early
CG) with a thimble-like contraption on his little finger, which touches the
soundboard.

Is there other evidence of this practice? I'm not at all interested in
discussions about whether it is a good technique or not...If it was good
enough for Sor, then it is good enough for Sor.

Rob MacKillop
www.musicintime.co.uk