Dnia 12-10-2005 o godz. 16:00 Eric Crouch napisa³(a):

> PS to my last post, I recently found "The Art and Times of the
> Guitar" by Frederic V Grunfeld, Macmillan 1969 in a second hand book
> shop. This is fairly lavishly illustrated including: "Girl Playing
> the Guitar" (1847) by Gustave Courbet  which definitely shows a
> little finger on the soundboard; and "Woman playing the
> Guitar" (1897) by Auguste Renoir which appears to show it there;.
>
> Eric Crouch

By mid-19th century it become an iconographic convention, therefore its
evidence value is very limted. Even the most contemporary and most detailed
pictures are works of art, not documentary photos. Watteau, for example. On his
pictures taken as work of art the essence of guitar playing is depicted, but in
detail we see strange techniques, ridiculous hand positions and chords that
make no sense in tonal music (or that make a nonsense if you prefer).
Courbet's I would take with reservation, Renoir as a pure convention.

Krzysztof Komarnicki

> On 12 Oct 2005, at 14:48, Eric Crouch wrote:
>
> > There is a discussion of this point in "The Guitar and Its Music",
> > by James Tyler and Paul Sparks (Oxford Early Music Series from OUP
> > 2002 - ISBN 0-19-816713-X) pages 259 - 60. They begin by quoting
> > Moretti from 1799 who indicated that "The little and ring fingers
> > of the same hand ought to rest on the table of the guitar in the
> > space between the bridge and the soundhole or rose, close to the
> > first string and nearer to the bridge than to the rose" Tyler and
> > Sparks go on to say that the practice of placing the little finger
> > on the table persisted well into the nineteenth century but
> > interestingly I can't see that they cite any sources later than
> > Moretti.
> >
> > Eric Crouch
> >
> > On 12 Oct 2005, at 10:35, Rob MacKillop wrote:
> >

> >> I can't remember if I signed up to this list or not. Is it just
> >> sleeping?
> >> Have we exhausted the topic?
> >>
> >> Here's a question. I'm interested in the influence of baroque guitar
> >> techniques on early classical guitar. Sor mentions the use of
> >> placing the
> >> right hand little finger on the soundboard when his thumb moves
> >> over to the
> >> treble strings (presumably when playing thumb/index passages).
> >> Moretti
> >> avoids the third finger (like Sor) which makes me feel he too has
> >> his little
> >> finger on the soundboard. And there is a drawing of Regondi
> >> (hardly early
> >> CG) with a thimble-like contraption on his little finger, which
> >> touches the
> >> soundboard.
> >>
> >> Is there other evidence of this practice? I'm not at all
> >> interested in
> >> discussions about whether it is a good technique or not...If it
> >> was good
> >> enough for Sor, then it is good enough for Sor.
> >>
> >> Rob MacKillop
> >> www.musicintime.co.uk
> >>

> >> To get on or off this list see list information at
> >> http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

JODIE FOSTER W THRILLERZE "PLAN LOTU" W KINACH OD 14 PA¬DZIERNIKA
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.film.wp.pl%2Ffilm.html%3Fid%3D25272&sid=532