One thing to note is that the actual links for specific versions of GAMESS are
static. When you register there is a generic link to the latest version as
follows:
http://www.msg.chem.iastate.edu/GAMESS/download/source/gamess-current.tar.gz

However, specific versions can be obtained by replacing the “current” part of
the link with the specific version as follows:
http://www.msg.chem.iastate.edu/GAMESS/download/source/gamess.Aug182016R1.tar.gz
or
http://www.msg.chem.iastate.edu/GAMESS/download/source/gamess.Dec052014R1.tar.gz
http://www.msg.chem.iastate.edu/GAMESS/download/source/gamess.May12013R1.tar.gz

I believe the latter two are the ones that have current EasyBuild configs. Note
that you still need the current password for the download that you get from the
registration page, but you can use that password to grab the older versions as
well as the current.

Best,
Brett