I think you are misunderstanding the scope of modextravars, it is there to set
additional variables in the resultant module file from the installation (it is
not relevant to the install process of the software, only the final module file
that is written). The modextravars should be set in the Bar easyconfig if you
wish to leverage it in Foo? Otherwise you just use something like

preconfigopts = 'BAR_BIN=$EBROOTBAR/bin '

in the Foo easyconfig.

On 8 January 2018 at 12:29, Caspar van Leeuwen