On 3/12/19 12:00 PM, Dr. Stefan Harfst wrote:
> Dear Loris,
>
> one way to achieve what you want is to use the modxxxfooter parameters in the
> eb-file (untested):
>
> modluafooter = 'setenv("MCR_CACHE_ROOT", pathJoin("/scratch",
> pathJoin(os.getenv("USER"), "mcr_cache")))'
> modtclfooter = 'setenv("MCR_CACHE_ROOT", pathJoin("/scratch",
> pathJoin(os.getenv("USER"), "mcr_cache")))'

Note that modtclfooter must be written in tcl, not in lua, as it is
written verbatim into the modulefile.
Apart from that, this is one way of doing this.

But the cache dir for matlab probably needs to be in the users home
directory if you want MDCS to work. Or at least in a common filesystem,
with a softlink from $HOME.

If you install matlab using
env LM_LICENSE_FILE=port@host eb MATLAB...eb then the LM_LICENSE_FILE is
at least supposed to be written into the module file automatically. If
it isn't then let us know.

As far as i know there is no reason to set MATLABROOT or MCR_HOME (not
even sure what the last one is supposed to do...).

We don't set any of them and things work perfectly as far as our users
are concerned.

Internet: a...@hpc2n.umu.se   Phone: +46 90 7866134 Fax: +46 90-580 14