On Tue, 27 Jun 1995, Al Rushanan TAL (904)487-1855 wrote:

> Shawn:
>       I asked you not to flame, but you did anyway.  Do you get off on
>         it?

I don't think she was flaming at all....only expressing the fact that
this is an ecoFEMINIST list.  I too, am tired of postings trying to
challenge the seriousness or validity of ecofeminism.  It (at least in
this forum) should be a given that ecofeminism is what this list is
about.  If someone does not like the idea of ecofeminism or wants to
continually challenge it, the list becomes a waste of time for someone like
myself who is on this list for the sole purpose of having discuusions set
within an ecoFEMINIST framework.

>       It is YOU that needs to look at the facts.  There are documented
>         cases of reverse discrimination, and the Supreme Court agrees.

And we all know that if the Supreme Court says it is so then it most be
so, right?

The idea that Affirmative Action is simply a "quota system" is a
really nice sterotype for those who wish to make it an easy target.
The last time I looked, white men seem to be doing just fine and still
the majority in positions of power.  Are the majority of domestic workers,
workers in service positions, workers in low-paying positions men or women?
Women have a long way to go...attacks on Affirmative Action as an
institution of reverse discrimination are mostly coming from men (like dear
old Rush) who would prefer it if women and people that are not white would
just stay out of the way.

 >  If you're going to attack, attack the patriarchs who
 >  run things the old way.  Or are you afraid to bite the hand that
 >  feeds you?

I feed myself and will continue to do so. In fact, I get along
WONDERFULLY doing so. This statement about "biting the hand"
sounds like it spews from the mouth of an old patriarch and not a man
interested in what women really have to say.