Hi ECOFEMers!

I don't think this made it through the ether--at least I haven't seen
it in my bundled messages.  Sorry about any duplications.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am in the process of re-reading Val Plumwood's *Feminism and the Mastery
of Nature.*  I'm curious whether this e-group has discussed her book, and
in particular, what people think of the political implications of her work.
Specifically, does her work suggest a specific political agenda (i.e., do
you read her as suggesting that some issues should receive priority over
others)?  Does she equivocate when discussing the "feminism of reversal"
(i.e., radical feminism)--arguing that reversal of patriarchal values is
both necessary and dangerous (i.e., to the extent that it leaves dualisms
intact)?  Has her book been a "nourishing" one for activists, allowing
activists to rethink their positions, or evaluate their agendas?  Etc.
P.S.  Val--if you're on this list, please forgive my speaking of you in the
third person, as though you're not here....

Glynis Carr
Associate Professor
Department of English
Bucknell University