>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Feb  4 17:23:03 1997
 05 Feb 1997 13:22 +1300 (NZD)
 05 Feb 1997 13:24:54 +1300
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 13:24:27 +1300
From: "STEFANIE S. RIXECKER" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: (Fwd) H-GRAD WWW pages announced
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

FYI...Stefanie

 H-GRAD ANNOUNCES EXPANDED WEB SITE

 H-Grad, the H-Net list specifically for graduate students, has
 extensively updated its website <http:\\h-net.msu.edu\~grad> to include
 information on getting into graduate schools, advice on being a
 successful graduate student, teaching tips, employment guides and many
 other useful links.  You do not need to be a member of H-Grad to utilize
 the majority of our information and we welcome visitors from all stages
 of graduate education (applicants, current students, faculty members,
 administrators).  Currently enrolled graduate students who wish to
 join H-Grad to participate in ongoing discussions regarding the many
 aspects of graduate school - teaching, find an advisor, creating a
 committee, juggling school and family, negotiating the AHA - will find
 information at our website about subscribing.  Please come check us out!

 THE CURRENT TOPICS IN THE GRAD-LINKS SECTION OF OUR SITE INCLUDE:

 PEOPLE

     H-Grad Student Homepages
     E-mail Address Search
     Campus Directories

 ACADEMIC INFORMATION

     Getting In: An Applicant's Guide to Graduate School
     Graduate Records Exam (GRE)
     Graduate School Financial Aid Resources
     History Departments Around the World
     History Program Rankings
     How to be a Good Graduate Student
     Reading Lists
     Statistics & Studies on Graduate Education
     Successful Graduate Study in History

 HISTORICAL RESEARCH

     History Computerization Project's Directory of Historical Resources
     History Journals
     History Journal Tables of Contents
     Historical Text Archive
     Research-it Online Reference
     Thesis Research Announcements
     Web Technology for Scholarship

 TEACHING

     Handbook for Teaching Assistants
     Sample History Courses on the WWW
     Student Term Paper Web Sites
     WWW Teaching Materials for Historians

 EMPLOYMENT

     Academic Job Checklist
     Academic Job Interview Advice
     Academic Job Interview Questions
     H-Net's Job Guide
     History Job Openings from the Chronicle of Higher Education
     Interviewing at the AHA

 GRADUATE STUDENT UNIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS

      Association for Support of Graduate Students
      Basic Background Information on Graduate Student Employee Unions
      Directory of Graduate Student Employee Bargaining Agents and
           Organizations
      Graduate & Professional Student Groups on the Internet
      History Graduate Student Associations

 ADVICE

      Choosing Advisors
      Dissertation Tips
      Graduate Student Resources on the Web
      The AHA and Interviews
      TGSA's Graduate Student Newsletter

 NEWS SOURCES

     Netscape In-Box Direct
     New York Times
     Newspaper Index (U.S., Non-U.S., and Campus)
>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Feb  4 17:58:41 1997
 05 Feb 1997 13:57 +1300 (NZD)
 05 Feb 1997 14:00:48 +1300