Hello everyone.
I am looking for suggestions for a digital compact camera and compatible
software for life image transfer and storage (explanation below). There are
a couple criteria that need to be met:
The camera needs to have:
1) manual auto focus that ideally is easy to handle (i.e. doesn't require a
number of complicated menu functions or button combinations to get there),
2) it needs to have a macro function.
3) it needs to be compatible with a software that allows to view the picture
life on the computer and take and save the life picture directly on the
computer (the emphasis is on life data transfer to the computer, so I don't
mean the standard download after taking all the pictures).

Which brings me immediately to the next question about the software:
What software is out there that can do this sort of life image transfer
between camera and computer?

I highly appreciate any comments and suggestions anyone can give me.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,

              Volker

Volker Rudolf