Bob,

I have a similar question to Sarah's and it may even be the same;
I'm using orthogonal regression to determine the equivalence of two
variables, both with errors.  I want to use the S.E. of the slope to
compare to the optimum slope of one (equivalence among variable
two-one-sided test (TOST)  which I understand as simply increasing
the alpha to 0.10.  But this still gives a very large confidence
interval providing a less than robust test.  In some instances a
slope of 2 is not significantly different than slope of 1.  (!!??) In
fact I have not found one instance in which the slopes differ.  This
seems like a universal type II error to me.

Can I use the standard test of homogeneity of slopes used in ANCOVA
and compare to 1  (s.e. =0)  or would that lead to a type I error?

Thanks for your time,

David

David M Bryant Ph D
University of New Hampshire