Something is wrong here. When I typed "peppered moths" into Google,
up popped a listing of pages claiming to expose the famed study as
faulty science. Anyone with an understanding of natural selection and
evolution can quickly see through the pages' creationist
underpinnings and find the myriad mistakes in their claims. To the
many people who are still forming opinions about the topics, however,
the sheer number of these web pages -- even though they are mainly
repeats of the same purposely erroneous information -- may lead them
to the wrong conclusion. This includes college students, who will
"google" just about anything and everything. Perhaps we need to use
the same tactics to ensure that the scientifically accurate story is
told.

Leslie Mertz, Ph.D.
educator
Wayne State University