Dear Ecologgers,

I recently took up a faculty position at Dalhousie University (Halifax, Nova
Scotia) and will be putting together a global change/aquatic microcosm lab
to study species loss in aquatic communities. If anyone has any of the
following items clogging up their lab benches I would love to help you get
rid of your stuff -- you will be sending it to a good home. I will cover
shipping costs or come pick it up if you are in the area.

I am interested in nearly everything that goes along with setting up an
aquatic ecology lab including:

Glass culture vessels, flasks, other glassware, petri dishes, microscopes
(particularly stereomicroscopes), counters/event recorders, Stempel-Hempel
pipettors, Untermohl settling chambers, oxygen meters, pH meters,
refractometers, coulter counters, growth chambers, aquariums, aquarium
heaters, plankton splitters, chemostats, nutrient autoanalyzers,
data-sondes, optical plankton counters, light/dark bottles, drying ovens,
bomb calorimeters, electronic balances, specimen jars, microscope slides,
Nitex(r) netting, sieves, hand held GPS units, Sedgwick-Rafter Cells,
Nanoplankton Chambers, Mounting Medium, respirometers, etc.

I am also be interested in used books (particularly ecology, limnology,
invertebrates), taxonomic keys (particularly for zooplankton, insects,
worms). If you have something not listed here that might be useful please do
not hesitate to suggest something!

 Thanks in advance
Tamara N. Romanuk, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University
1355 Oxford Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada, B3H 4J1
Tel: 902-494-4515, Cell: 902-412-2886
Fax: 902-494-3736, Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.foodwebs.org
http://myweb.dal.ca/tm632910

"Eyes Bob, Look at me."
"But you said write it all down!"
"Yes, I know I said that. But what I meant was -- refer to your notes, don't
attach yourself to them like some type of mollusc".

The relevance of invertebrate biology to everyday life -- ReGenesis S02E04