Okay, this is a good start.  What I would suggest is that the ESA field a
letter responding to IJCR by stating in, layman's terms, the critical
difference between science and religion and why its important not to get
confused and why IJCR is a threat to science and possibly even the
democratic process since it threatens our national perception of reality.  I
would be happy to produce a draft if a few ESA members would be interested
in helping me with the draft.  I or someone else with a PhD and some clout
can basically re-iterate SJ Gould's arguments.

Jim Sparks