"This Week at Hilton Pond" we were pruning a Forsythia thicket when a
sharp pain to the hand led to our discovery of a complex set of
interrelationships between ants, aphids, and larvae.

For an ultra-close-up photo essay about what we THOUGHT we saw and
what was REALLY there, please visit the edition for 1-7 July 2007 at
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek070701.html

As always we include a list of all birds banded, plus a nature note or two.

We hope you haven't been overwhelmed by our back-to-back-to-back
installments over the past several days. We were 'way behind after a
difficult spring and are finally caught up.  :-)

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org