Hello.  I am a recent graduate of Kent State University, Ohio.  I received
my Bachelor of Science degree in Conservation in December of 2006.  In
addition to my major coursework, I have recently completed two internships
with the National Park Service where I tested water quality in two differen=
settings.

My experiences interning with the National Park Service provided me with
many skills that will be valuable in future professional endeavors.  As an
intern on my first job, I did bi-weekly water sampling by canoe on the Dela=
ware
River.  Samples and data were collected and brought back to a lab where I
performed further processing and testing.  This gave me a working knowledge
in water testing equipment, including: the YSI model 30 Salinity,
Conductivity, and Temperature meter, the YSI model 52 Dissolved Oxygen
meter, and the LaMotte 2020 Turbidimeter.  During my second internship I
surveyed headwater streams using Ohio EPA Primary Headwater Habitat
Evaluation techniques.  I performed habitat analysis on headwater streams
throughout the Cuyahoga Valley National Park using macroinvertebrate and
salamander biotic indices.  I also have experience in stream bank
restoration, bald eagle nest monitoring, invasive plant management, and
projects which utilized GPS/GIS and ArcMap.

I am searching for a position in Ohio or Pennsylvania working in
water quality management.  My resume is posted below.

Thank you for taking the time to review my resume.  Feel free to contact me
by email at [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thanks again!

*OBJECTIVE*

To gain employment and experience working in the natural world conserving
and managing

natural resources, particularly in the area of water quality management.

*EDUCATION*

Kent State University December 2006

Bachelor of Science; Major: Conservation; Cumulative GPA: 3.36 *cum laude*

* *

*SIGNIFICANT COURSEWORK*

Conservation of Natural Resources, Conservation Biology, General Ecology,
Environmental Geology, Local Flora, Fundamentals in Speech and
Communication, Technical Writing

*COMPUTER SKILLS*

Windows 2000/XP; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel; ArcGIS/ArcMap* *

* *

*RELATED EXPERIENCE*

Cuyahoga Valley National Park

Division of Resource Management, National Park Service   Boston Heights, OH

Position: Intern (June 2007 =96 August 2007)

=B7         Performed Primary Headwater Habitat Evaluation surveys on
headwater streams using macroinvertebrate and salamander species

=B7         Performed fish survey in conjunction with Ohio EPA on Kendall L=
ake

=B7         Mapped trails and trail maintenance areas using GPS

=B7         Worked with the Ohio Lepidopterist Society to perform butterfly
surveys

* *

 Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area

Division of Research and Resource Planning, National Park Service   Milford=
,
PA

Position: Intern (May 2006 =96 August 2006)

=B7         Collected and processed* *water samples from the Delaware River=
 by
canoe

=B7         Worked on restoring damaged stream banks as well as flood damag=
assessment

=B7         Mapped trails using GPS/GIS and ArcMap

=B7         Monitored bald eagle nests

The Nature Conservancy   Dublin, OH
Position: Volunteer (February 2006)

=B7         Controlled upland invasive woody plant species

Lake Erie Nature and Science Center   Bay Village, OH

Position: Volunteer (Summer 2003)

=B7         Gained skills in handling and maintenance of wild animals

=B7         Learned about habitat, nutrition, and behaviors of animals comm=
on
to northeast Ohio

*OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE*

Discount Drug Mart   Stow, OH

Position: Sales Associate (September 2006 =96 present)

Target   Rocky River, OH

Position: Sales associate (Nov 2003 =96 Jan 2005)

Pier 1 Imports   Rocky River, OH

Position: Sales associate (Oct 2002 =96 Nov 2003)

 * *

*HONORS AND ACTIVITIES*

*Member,* Phi Theta Kappa International Honors Society

*Member, *Kent State University Plant Conservation Club, Historian (Spring
2006)

*Dean's List*, Fall 2005 and Spring 2006

Graduate with honors: *cum laude*