Speaking of denial, why does Global Warming always
generate so much response on this list, while Peak Oil
doesn't?  To my mind, they are both profoundly
important, both are "ecological" in some way (PO may
be more so), and both are happening now.

Maybe ecologists just don't know about PO, or haven't
considered what it really means (it's likely to be a
paradigm shift in human history with not-yet-explored
ramifications for the planet in general).  Certainly
there has been MUCH more buzz (and funding) about GW,
while PO is under the radar.  Is ecology really so
trend-driven that we can't see a huge issue in front
of our noses?

Joe