It is curious that your graphs go to 1920 and no further back, despite the
availability of data. Looking solely at the summer temperatures it appears that
1922 and 23 have a considerable impact on the trend. Alas I've not been able to
duplicate the sort of figures you're produced but messing around on the site
seems to indicate a very, very different trend if you include 1895 through to
1993.

Also, if you skim through the Beever et al. 2003 paper, you'll find that pika
are purportedly quite sensitive to what you seem to view as small temperature
changes, and that it is maximums not averages that seem to be primary factors.

Ned Dochtermann