Dear Colleagues,

We are searching for a Postdoc at the University of Idaho to assist with
developing a nationwide system for mapping and understanding insect
disturbance frequency and pattern.  Would you please help us circulate the
below announcement?   My apologies for cross-postings.

Cheers,

Lee Vierling

University of Idaho

Postdoctoral Fellow: Remote Sensing of Ecological Disturbance

The University of Idaho Geospatial Laboratory for Environmental Dynamics
(GLED) seeks a postdoctoral

scientist to utilize satellite remote sensing to detect insect-related
ecological disturbances, with the goal of

developing a strategy to create an operational, nationwide insect
disturbance mapping product. Work will be

in close collaboration with scientists at the USGS EROS Data Center and with
the USFS Rocky Mountain

Research Station.  The UI offers a competitive benefits package and is
located near outstanding outdoor

Recreational opportunities. To be considered, complete the online
application including a letter of application,

resume or vitae and a list of professional references. Review of
applications will begin November 27, 2007 and

continue until a suitable applicant is identified. Questions may be directed
to Dr. Lee Vierling, search committee

chair, at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or (208) 885-5743. To apply, visit
www.hr.uidaho.edu. Announcement #12508048563.

AA/EOE